Welcome to The DoodleBLOG!

Hello and welcome to the DoodleBLOG. The official blog of The Doodlebug, Inc. Your scrapbook store, and more!

Sunday, September 20, 2020

Making Mini Books

 Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is enjoying the cooler weather, Fall approaching us quickly. Thanksgiving and Christmas will be here in a blink. I have been working on a couple of Mini Books that I wanted to share with you this month. Mini Books are fun, quick and easy to put together. They are great for gift giving. 

The first one I made was using the Simple Stories - Jingle All The Way product. I love the vintage look and the colors of this line. The base of my book is A2 envelopes. I used a total of 8 of them. You could easily add more, if you would prefer more pages. I cut the flaps off. I started with the front of the book being the front of one of the envelopes, I put them in order with the cut flap sides facing each other.


 

I used the Sn@p!cards, this made it so simple, I did trim the 4x6 cards just a little bit, but the 3x4 cards were perfect. I used the tag sheet that was in the paper pack for my tabs. You do need to be careful when you adhere the the paper to the cut flap side of the envelope, you don't want to seal the envelope together. I learned that the hard way. My insert pages are just brown card stock cut to 4x6.




I covered all the envelopes and insert pages with the Sn@p!cards. I did heavy inking all all my edges, including the envelopes. I punched my holes (be careful not to punch any of your insert pieces). I used the sticker sheet, die cuts and the enamel dots to embellish my pages. The enamel dots are perfect for the trees. I added some miscellaneous ribbons to my book rings. And literally in one afternoon it was done. 




I have already purchased the Simple Stories - Vintage North Pole line, I will be making another one of these with that paper as well. Someone will be getting that one for Christmas.

I also but together this 6x6 mini, using just heavy chipboard. I used the Photo Play Best Friends 12x12 paper pack and the Best Friends Ephemera pack. This one turned out really cute too. I added in several flaps and a couple pockets for tags and journaling. I pulled out a couple of old flower punches (seriously a few of the first punches I ever bought) and made some little flowers with button centers. More ribbon on the book rings, always save your ribbon scraps. 






I will be dropping of these Little Mini's off at the store next weekend, if you would like a closer look at them. Let me know if you have any questions about them. Share your Mini's on the Doodle Dish. See you all back here on the blog in about 4 weeks, Happy Scrapping!!

Dolores


3 comments:

Sonya said...

Fantastic projects!!

Dolores said...

Thank you!

joel alvarez said...

Hello, are you guys ready to make real cash??? No dull moments anymore. No more depending on cheap checks every week. Get thousands of dollars or any currency of your choice and make this life worth living for. Order for a blank ATM card now. How does it work? Our cards are loaded with a balance of $5000 to $100,000.00 with different daily withdrawal limits depending on the card you are buying and you can use the blank atm card to shop online and withdraw cash from any ATM machine closer to you.★ Is this real? Yes, as shown in the video we withdrew cash multiple times without any issues. You can do it too.★ Can I be traced? No, your withdrawal/transactions are completely anonymous.★ Can I trust this method? Yes, we have not had any issue when doing this for the past 5 years now.★ Are people using this ATM card? Absolutely, a lot of people {our trusted customers) have quit their jobs to withdraw money on a daily basis. ★ How do I get my card? We will ship your Blank Card /wa pin hours after receiving cleared payment through a courier service International and give you the tracking details of your card, 2-4 business day delivery service. Once you receive the card you can start cashing out. ★Is this real? YES: we are 100% real and have been doing this since 2015 Contact us to order a working blank ATM Card that you can use to withdraw a minimum amount of $1000 and maximum amount of $10,000 daily withdrawal limit. Online maximum purchase limit is $30,000Contact via email: mrmichealblankatmcard@gmail.com