Welcome to The DoodleBLOG!

Hello and welcome to the DoodleBLOG. The official blog of The Doodlebug, Inc. Your scrapbook store, and more!

Monday, September 14, 2020

Leigh Ann's Favorite Tools

 Hi Doodlebug friends!  Instead of writing a tutorial today like I normally do, I decided I would tell you about some of my favorite scrappy tools!  These are the items I use day in and day out and have survived long term use... and probably abuse in my household.  I also want to preface this post with the fact that I am a maker of layouts, mini albums, and mixed media.  There won't likely be any stamping or card making specific items on this list and that isn't because I don't think they are great products.  I simply do not use them on a regular basis.


First off is the Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat.  I seriously do not know how I lived without this!  I'm a fairly frugal crafter and don't like to spend a lot of money on tools- I prefer to spend my money on the pretty stuff!  But this media mat is worth every penny!  I can cut on it, make messes on it, and use it to line up embellishments on my layouts.  My mat has seen everything from inks, to gel mediums to resin and has always cleaned up beautifully. 


Next up are the Tim Holtz Scissors.  I love both types, but you will most often find me using the original serrated blade scissors.  This is because I can use them on darn near anything and not worry about damaging my blades.  If you mainly cut paper and prefer the smooth blade, the haberdashery scissors are also amazing and cut super smooth.


The QuickStik is another favorite of mine.  It is perfect for picking up all the tiny jewels and sequins that I use in my projects. I have an obsession with the Sparkletz and my fingers just can't pick them up as easy anymore.... I guess that's a sign of getting old. lol



I love using the Corner Cutter when I make mini albums.  This punch is a corner rounder, but also cuts the inset corners that look great in minis. 




Next is the Tim Holtz Craft Pick.  I use this tool for everything from poking small holes to thread a piece of twine through paper to even using it to weed vinyl recently. It's great for everything that requires a needle fine point. 



To finish up this list are my three favorite adhesives.  First up is the Scotch ATG gun.  I love this tool for layouts.  My gun has been going strong since I purchased it in 2010 to make 350 wedding invitations.  It has seen a ton of use!  I also love Scor Tape.  It is a stronger double sided tape adhesive.  I use this when I need a stronger bond such as for making mini albums.  I also like to keep a wet adhesive on my desk.  I decided to try the Art Glitter Glue and I am hooked!  I would suggest the metal tip though as it is quite thin and I'm messy with liquid adhesive!




I hope this list inspires you to try something new and maybe even find a new favorite tool!

1 comment:

Tina Johnson said...

This was a great idea for a blog post. I always am interested in what crafty ppl prefer to use. I may have to add a couple more items to my wish list. A girl can never have too many tools, right?