Welcome to The DoodleBLOG!

Hello and welcome to the DoodleBLOG. The official blog of The Doodlebug, Inc. Your scrapbook store, and more!

Monday, June 29, 2020

A World of Gnomes

Hello and welcome to the blog.  My name is Abby Russell and I'm new to the Doodlebug design team.  This month on the blog I will be talking all about Gnomes.  Who doesn't like these cute little creatures.

I like woodland, magical, and fairy themes because they allow you to open a world of imagination and creativity.  The gnomes in my world live in trees thru small doors or mushroom houses.

At the Doodlebug you will find an assortment of gnome products.  This month I'm showcasing Gnome for the Holidays - 4th of July.


I sat down with several sheets and created a 1 page and a 2 page layout.   


The 1 page layout design consists of twelve 3x4's cut down slightly to allow for a border on a 12X12.  From the twelve, 3 were from the cut apart sheet - All American.





I embellished the layout with Prima flowers & American Crafts ribbon spool, you can find by the register at the Doodlebug.  


This design allows for multiple photos on 1 page.  I have featured 12 photos here spanning a 3 year time period.  Usually you would have trouble getting this many on a page, but by using smaller photos and a grid style it is easily achieved. 


I love these Scrapbook Generations sketchbooks you can buy at the Doodlebug.  They are a great resource to have because having it at the ready instead of looking up a sketch online is a great timesaver.  


I opened up the volume 8 sketchbook full of 2 page sketches and quickly found one that would work with my photos.


I used diecuts cut using a Cricut smart cutting machine.  If you are wanting to get familiar with using the Cricut the Doodlebug offers a beginner Cricut design space with Robin class. 

I fussy cut Gnomes from the pattern papers to add to my layout.  I placed a journal box from the 3X4 sheet and I was done.  Let's take a closer look at the pages in this 2 page layout.






Also available now at the Doodlebug from Photoplay are 3 more Gnome lines. 


PhotoPlay Collection Pack 12X12-Gnome For Halloween

 


You will see these in layouts and cards in the coming months from me.  

Another gnome creation I made this month was a card using the magic picture changer dies from Lawn Fawn.


I used the "Gnoming Around" stamp set from Stampendous.   Hannah carries many of the Stampendous gnome stamp sets.  


Pulling on the tab reveals the 2nd image magically.  My card's sentiment is 'Home is where your Gnome is".  




1st you see a cute home, then it reveals the Gnome in the home because home is where your Gnome is.  

Foundations Decor newest Gnome releases are available now to pre-order at the Doodlebug.  


I have 3 of the mushroom houses on pre-order.  I'm thinking either I will decorate 1 each in a Spring/Summer, Fall, and Winter theme or decorate all 3 in a Christmas theme to make a village of houses.  

As you can see it is so much fun to enter the world of the Gnomes and explore a world of imagination and creativity.  Happy crafting my friends.  

- Abby 


8 comments:

Tina Johnson said...

Great blog post! So thorough! Love your gnome projects!

Abby R said...

Thanks Tina. 😁♥️🤗

egrupp284 said...

All your projects/pages look terrific. I love gnomes!

Melody said...

Abby...I loved your post! Thanks for all the wonderful gnome ideas!!!

Geri said...

Great post! I like your description and attention to detail.

Abby R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abby R said...

Thank you Egrupp, from one gnome fan to another. Love your YouTube channel. Happy scrappin that stash. 😉

Abby R said...

Thank you and your very welcome Melody. 😁

Thanks Geri. Thanks for your support, Very nice to hear. 🙂