Welcome to The DoodleBLOG!

Hello and welcome to the DoodleBLOG. The official blog of The Doodlebug, Inc. Your scrapbook store, and more!

Monday, October 12, 2020

Create fun slimline cards step by step with Abby


 Today I will be sharing with you my love of creating with multiple companies to create a look I love.  

New Penny Black and Lawn Fawn recently hit the shelves at the Doodlebug, Inc.  I instantly fell in love with the Halloween gate die and the "sugared" stamp set from Penny Black.  Also ideas of all the cuteness I could fit into the flaps of the "lift the flap tree backdrop" from Lawn Fawn. 

 To start out I cut bases using the nested slim layers die set from waffle flower. 


Then I inked the background with Catherine Pooler inks in tiki torch and sand castle using the life changing brushes.  


.


I cut grassy hills using "Abbie Road" kiwi lane template and inked the edges. 



Die cut out the trees and cut apart.  Die cut out the Halloween gates.  I set out my piles to start the assembly line.  I will make one card from start to finish, then cut out multiples to assemble together.



I stamped out the images onto Gina k designs heavy base weight white using memento tuxedo black ink.  I colored them with alcohol markers.  I want to try colored pencil and gamsol next as I recently picked up some gamsol at the Doodlebug.  


I lay everything out to see the spacing before adhering in place.  


I popped up the critters using foam tape.  



I adhere it to a slimline card base from the paper cut.  I let the products do the work for me and having card bases on hand does just that. 

I stamped the greeting on the front of the card and inside the flaps


I stamp the inside of the card too.  Finishing the inside gives a completed look even with just simple stamping or going all out with a matted inside.   


 I made one with a glittered gate and changed one up with both trees on the right.  I like that all the hills are different using the kiwi lane template, gives variety and makes each one unique.




Do you like to create with multiple companies at once or just stick to one company per project?  Let me know in the comments below.

Abby

















No comments: