Welcome to The DoodleBLOG!

Hello and welcome to the DoodleBLOG. The official blog of The Doodlebug, Inc. Your scrapbook store, and more!

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Calling All Glitter Fans!

If you like glitter you will like this technique.  I have used this in the past but have used metal stencils, not the plastic ones; so I decided to try it with the new stencils. 

I used a low tack adhesive panel but you can  use a more powerful adhesive sheet like Elizabeth Crafts. 





I applied the stencil to the adhesive sheet and then started with the openings closest to the edges with the color of the glitter. In this project I used a stencil by The Crafters Workshop called Mini Curious Owl, but any stencil would work for this technique....think how amazing a Mandala one would look!





 I started with the leaves with the green glitter. I sprinkled the glitter on the the leaves and lightly rubbed the glitter to make sure it stayed in place. Then poured the remaining glitter off into a Tidy Tray so I could save it. Then I went on to the legs and then to the owl. 




After everything that has an opening in the stencil is glittered carefully remove the stencil. Then apply crystal glitter over the ENTIRE thing, rubbing lightly to make sure the glitter sticks on all of the openings. 



Finally, I cut a mat to go around the edge of the owl and then applied it to a designer paper and then to the card base.


AND- Here is the Finished Card...which you can also find on display at The Doodlebug!




  I love these projects, they look so elegant. 
Thanks! Debbie

Here is a list of other products that make working with glitter a little easier!






1 comment: