Welcome to The DoodleBLOG!

Hello and welcome to the DoodleBLOG. The official blog of The Doodlebug, Inc. Your scrapbook store, and more!

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Summer Layout Inspiration

Today I am sharing a summer layout using Sunshine and Blue Skies from Simple Stories. These are the papers and sticker sheet I used.


The inspiration for my layout came from Pinterest. I chose a layout that would help me use as many of the fun words, sayings and artwork as I could from the paper. The inspiration layout is shown here.  


I started my layout by choosing the navy dot paper as my base.   I cut a piece off both the top and bottom of the page and added a strip of the Popsicle patterned paper to those edges. That allowed me to use even more of these cute patterns. I distressed the edges of the papers but chose not to ink them on this layout.  To build the focal point, I started with larger pieces from a couple of the other patterned papers..  Next, I chose some of the little squares I wanted to use and played with the placement of those until I was happy with them. I decided I wanted a little more color and texture, so I added various other squares under them for color and height.   My tiny attacher was used to staple some of the elements together, while others I just used my ATG runner to adhere. I went through the sticker page and picked some words and tabs to add to the squares.  I didn't have a photo chosen yet, so I just made sure to leave a spot for it.


Once I was satisfied with the focal portion of my page, I added 2 embellishment clusters to draw your eye across the page. One is on the top left and one on the bottom right.  These are made up of some bits of paper layered with the word and design stickers from the sticker sheet.  I popped some of the stickers up with foam tape


My final additions were made by using Glossy Accents on a few areas, like the sunglasses, and adding some scattered random sequins I had in my stash that were adhered to the page with Glossy Accents. I think it turned out to be a fun page. I can’t wait to choose a summer photo to add to it. Here is one last look at the whole layout. 


Thank you for reading!  I hope this inspires you when creating summer layouts. 

~Tina~


These items were used and can all be found at The Doodlebug, Inc.:



No comments: