Welcome to The DoodleBLOG!

Hello and welcome to the DoodleBLOG. The official blog of The Doodlebug, Inc. Your scrapbook store, and more!

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Liquid Watercolor

Do you like the watercolor look on a background as much as I do?  I have had so much fun working with Taylored Expressions liquid watercolors.  The colors are very vibrant, so if you want a softer color you just have to add water until you have the look you like. For my samples I used the Ranger Watercolor cardstock.  It worked great and held up no matter how much water I applied. 




I also tried the watercolor as ink for some of my rubber stamps.  To do that I put a drop or 2 of color on my mat and spritzed with water.  Then I just dipped some rubber stamps first in the watercolor mixture and then onto my watercolor paper. I loved that outcome, as well.  I can see myself using that technique as a background or just as some interesting embellishments on scrapbook pages.



I made some of my dry backgrounds into cards, die cut some into frames and embellishments, and I fussy cut the flower and leaf I stamped.  You may notice that some of my card sentiments are on black cardstock and shaped like little banners.  I used Taylored Expressions sentiments background stamp and die to make those.  They were so easy to make and with very little effort, you have several sentiments ready for any card you may need.  I took some photos showing my process of lining up the little squares on the stamp with the holes on the die.  Then I ran it through my die cutter and ended up with that pile of sentiments!   I plan on also using this die to cut flags and banners for my scrapbook pages. 




I still have a lot to learn about watercolor, but these are so easy to use and easy to cleanup. I just used a spray bottle of water and a paper towel to clean up.  I encourage you to try these watercolors and the other great Taylored Expressions products you will find at The Doodlebug, Inc.

Thank you for joining me today!
~Tina~

Products used:
Paint Brushes


2 comments:

Mari said...

Thats some great ideas, thanks for sharing them! Loved the stamping with the watercolor too!

Tina Johnson said...

Glad you enjoyed, Mari!