Welcome to The DoodleBLOG!

Hello and welcome to the DoodleBLOG. The official blog of The Doodlebug, Inc. Your scrapbook store, and more!

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Treat Bag Creations by Janice

It’s that time of year again with all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. Plus, it’s that perfect time of year to craft all those wonderful homemade gifts and home decor. 

I am one that likes to find a way to disguise a sweet treat in a unique and fun package. I found one that I really like this season and it’s perfect for a sweet treat or that wonderful gift card for those that you have no idea what to give them for Chritsmas. 

My supplies for this project are: Sizzix #663096 Paper bag die, Simple Stories Holly Jolly 3x4 Elements cardstock, Red Swiss Dot cardstock, Chestnut Room Chalk, red jewels and a tape runner.




From this cardstock, I chose the Jingle All The Way design. Now a lot of what I do is sometimes trial and error... This was one of those times! I thought I could just cut out my 3x4 designs and they would fit right on the bag. Wrong! They are too big. So I had to trim off excess design to make it fit. So….some of these will not work for the gift bag, but what can’t be used can always be made into a card.


If you LOVE this die- Hannah even has a special going on for it!!  Order it and use the code PAPERBAG20 and get this die at 20% off, so you can make them for yourself!  Code is Valid NOW thru Dec. 31 or while supplies last!  You can place your order online and just choose In Store Pick Up if you are Local and don't need it shipped.




Cut out the red cardstock with the Sizzix die and trimmed off excess border on the Jingle All The Way design. I then inked all the edges with the Chestnut Room Chalk to give it dimension, add the tape runner to assemble the box and apply the design.


To add just a little sparkle I applied red jewels to the berries on the holly. I thought about adding jingle bells, but the supplies I had were just a bit too big. Smaller bells would have been perfect.


The finished design!! How cute! 
Perfect for fun size treats as a gift or favors at a holiday party. Place a napkin and utensils inside for a holiday place setting. Plus a perfect size for Gift cards!! I am sure there are lots more ideas that can be used for this Sizzix bag design. 

Since this is my first time ever doing a blog, I hope it inspired your creative side to make a few homemade/crafty items this holiday season. 
Merry Christmas to all the Doodlebug crafters and designers. 
Janice Horney

No comments: