Welcome to The DoodleBLOG!

Hello and welcome to the DoodleBLOG. The official blog of The Doodlebug, Inc. Your scrapbook store, and more!

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Happy New Year to all The Doodlebug crafters.  I am excited to share with you a little treat box with some of the wonderful products that I have gotten at the store over the past few months.
I used these for Valentine’s Day, BUT they can easily be made into St. Patricks Day treat boxes too

I chose to use Gerda Steiner Designs Valentine Penguins Stamp and Die for my cute little design and Elizabeth Craft Designs Gable Box for my treat holder.













I chose to use the cute little penguin holding a strand of hearts.  I used Catherine Pooler Midnight and Rockin’ Red Dye Inks to stamp the penguin design, hearts and Valentine saying.  I used colored pencils to color in my design. Once it was colored I used the dies to cut out the penguin and hearts.








The Gable Box requires a 6x9 piece of cardstock.  I had just the right size of this pretty pink cardstock and knew it would be perfect for a Valentine’s treat box.  I used my Tim Holtz Vagabond machine and it cut perfectly. Fold along the score lines to shape the box and use

double sided tape to secure the ends.  I placed the pink gable box over an empty foundation box and I was able to apply more pressure to make sure the double sided tape secured the bottom of the box.












Now the fun part of decorating and putting the treat inside! I used pop up dots to apply the penguin and hears to the box.  The dots add a little dimension to the box. I picked up a bag of Craft Decor Crinkle Basket filler in pink. This bag contains enough filler to make several Valentine’s treat boxes.   Add a little crinkle filler and put in your favorite treat. I put the Happy Valentine’s Day sentiment on a small dowel rod to resemble a flag and slid it inside the box. This box could have been accented with any type of rhinestone or ribbon!  I think this turned out so cute!!  







On one of my recent trips to The Doodlebug, I picked up Simple Stories Card Ephemera “My Valentine”.  This package has 40 pieces of different shapes, sizes and designs. These designs can give your treat box a more vintage feel.  Decorating ideas are endless.










I hope you all enjoyed this little Valentine’s Day treat box idea.  Some days just a little bit of chocolate will help us get through the day. (I know, some days it can be a whole bag!)   I hope everyone had a GREAT Valentine’s Day! Keep sharing all your ideas and supporting our favorite local scrapbook and craft store - The Doodlebug!!!


--Janice Horney

No comments: