Welcome to The DoodleBLOG!

Hello and welcome to the DoodleBLOG. The official blog of The Doodlebug, Inc. Your scrapbook store, and more!

Monday, August 3, 2020

Getting creative with your supplies and Paper Artsy.



Hi everyone, It's Abby with you today, and I'd like to share with you a tag I created showcasing Paper Artsy.  I took a class taught by Hannah at the store and have enjoyed using Paper Artsy ever since.  The fresco finish chalk acrylics layer great with some being opaque and others being translucent.



First, I gathered some Paper Artsy supplies.  We will be adding in more later.  🙂 I started out with the paper artsy zinis (ZN17) stamp.  I have a fondness for pigs.  


I heat embossed it with white embossing powder and then painted it with Sherbet opaque fresco paint.  I diecut it out of the Gina K heavy weight cardstock.



I painted a tag using snowflake fresco paint and painted with slimed thru Paper Artsy PS129 stencil over it.  We will use this later.  


I picked out a leaf stamp from ETS 39 Paper Artsy stamp set


I stamped it out using the slimed fresco chalk paint that I painted onto the stamp.  This worked well as long as long as you clean off the stamp soon afterwards.  




I sprayed Night Dina Wakley gloss spray 2nd and removed the excess with a paper towel.  This is the first time using Dina Wakley gloss sprays.  I love the resist effects these acrylic gloss sprays give.  I have watched several of Dina's YouTube videos on her channel and will be watching many more.  I will also be adding in more colors as these are very unique and fun to work with.  


I layered the leaves I fussy cut out behind the pig stamped diecut image on the tag using Ranger multi medium matte.  I popped up the stamped diecut image using foam tape.   I picked the sentiment from EKC26 Paper Artsy stamp set and stamped it over the Dina Wakley sprayed background. I  love how you can stamp on the sprays once dried and it is so crisp.  Dina suggests letting the sprays air dry, never heat dry as they are acrylics.  The tag dried very fast.


I was thinking the tag would make the perfect embellishment for the front of a card, but in the end decided that it would live inside my new August art gratitude journal.  I pulled out a new set of graphic 45 travel notebooks I picked up at our favorite doodlebug.  😉.   There are a lined, grid, and watercolor paper notebooks in the set.  I will be using the watercolor one today.  


I added it to the inside pocket using glue dots.  I know alot of us are struggling to keep sane in these trying times.  I find reflection helps alot no matter what I'm stressed about.  Each day in August I will be making a journal entry either about a happy moment of the day or something I'm grateful or thankful for.  


I wanted to decorate the front as well, so I dug into my "use or loose" bin of random bits.  I think we all have one of these.  🙂. I sprayed night Dina Wakley gloss spray thru a picket fence stencil for the background.  I added a canvas tag we painted earlier using glue dots.  


After adding all the random bits using glue dots this is the end result.  It brings me joy.  It is fun to free play and experiment with your supplies.  You might discover something new.  It's all in the creative process and the journey my friends.  I encourage you to pull out your supplies and get creative.  Check out all the paper artsy products and Dina Wakley sprays at the Doodlebug today.  They sure are fun to play with.  I will leave you with 4 Paper Artsy canvases I have made.


Made in class at the Doodlebug. 


Made at the September 2019 Doodlebug retreat.


Made at home.  This one is a smaller size, 5x7. 


Made this one for my mom for her birthday this year.  😍

Stay safe, stay well, and happy crafting my friends.  I hope you will give Paper Artsy a try and "Let  today be the start of something new".  I look forward to seeing your creations on the Doodlebug dish Facebook group. 😁. -Abby 

No comments: